Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Attack incoming!!

This weekend has been pretty busy.  I worked on the pool a little but not a ton.. more adding plants and fish plus playing with the waterfall location than anything.  We went to lowes and I got a clothes line.  I had a really rough time deciding if I was going to buy the retractable one, the plastic or the cotton.. holy crap.  I chose the plastic, honestly because I figured it would not rot.


So we get it hung and I load it up with clothing only to find its totally not tight enough and is sagging BAD.  So we pull it as tight as we can with clothing on it using the handy tightener thing I also bought.  I do about 4 loads and between the two lines get them all hung up.  Wahoo!  Its rather chilly so I figure I will collect them when I get up and start rotating them out throughout the day.  Did I mention I have about 20 loads of laundry to be done in the basement?

So today I go out when I get up at 10 and most of it is dry, I proceed to start the rotation.  Noticing the plastic is shredding where it goes through the tightener.. hope it doesnt fall till AFTER I get it all washed!  Fast forward to about noon and hubby has decided to clean the yard and split some wood.  Cool.  The wood really needs to be split this week and next to prep for winter or we are going to end up having to buy it.  I was happy and kept going, coming inside to clean a little something in between swaps.  At 2:30 I go out and there are wasps.. EVERY F**KING WHERE.  Hubs is oblivious for the most part, he and a friend on the other side of the yard at this point. 

Apparently wasps like to make nests on wood piles?  And guess what?  There was one right next to my clothes lines!  I ended up stung on the arm which sent hubs rushing to the pharmacy for benadryl and me inside cussing at him.  Now I am trying to figure out one, how to stay awake and productive and two, what to do about the wasps so I can continue my laundry attack.  I had intended on getting 95% of it done today...  Plus at some point I am supposed to go over to my mothers to get a pond pump for the fishes.  I want to have a waterfall damn it!  There is totally NOT enough time in a day.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! Wasps are not cool :( I'm sorry you got stung :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are totally NOT cool! I still have a nice bump with a hole in the middle on my forearm.. AND poison ivy all over my ankles too! Hah I was productive this weekend!

    ReplyDelete